Thursday, July 16, 2009

Adventures of an OTAKU





*Otaku: Japanese term for obsessed fan, usually associated with someone obsessed with anime, Manga and Video games.

For once I'm not going to blog about my internship at Temple (YAYS!). Instead I'm going to blog about Otakon and my attempt at making a costume.

For those who don't know Otakon is he largest anime convention on the east coast and the second largest in the country (over 25,000 people attend each year!). Otakon is only beat out by Anime Expo in los angeles (it has over 40,000 people each year and is held over July 4th weekend!).



I attempted to make 3 costumes a once and ended up being overwhelmed and not finishing any of them. I kinda have nobody but myself to blame. Note to self: Never attempt to make 3 costumes at once or at least start several months before the con and don't procrastinate until the very last minute!


I tried to make Euphemia Li Brittania from Code Geass for myself,














C.C from the same series for my sister,
















and Aizen from Bleach for my cousin.












Sigh I guess I won't be able to show off my great sewing skills until the next convention. Oh, well Live and Learn ^_^

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home